Conservation of Biological diversity
As a responsible industry, Sami-Sabinsa Group recognizes the importance of:-
- Conservation of Biological diversity
- The sustainable use of its components
- The fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from the use of Biological resources
- Our efforts towards achieving the above aims were initiated right from the time of our inception
Contract farming of medicinal plants
Sami-Sabinsa Group ventured into contract farming of medicinal plants almost a decade and half ago. Even though we had modest beginnings with a handful of farmers, over the years of longstanding efforts we have made significant strides in this field. At present we have a very large group of farmers cultivating medicinal plants in thousands of acres in different states.
We have established a unique contract cultivation model where our farmers are considered as our partners.
- The returns to the farmers are maximized by assuring them optimum price and latest technical knowledge to improve their productivity
- The farmers are always encouraged to follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
- This association over the years has developed in to a long term, trustful relationship, wherein we have farmers who continue to be closely associated with us for the last 15 years
We have extended our contract cultivation model to many South East Asian countries and Africa.
Contract cultivation opportunity
Sami-Sabinsa Group offers opportunity to dedicated farmers interested in cultivation of medicinal plants.
Farmers can contact us with details of their land, such as extent, location, soil type, rainfall details etc. Details of medicinal plants grown in the farmer’s area will also help us to select the plants to be grown.